Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Select the best solicitation process for a given procurement
- Describe the RFP planning and development process
- Describe the Evaluation Team roles and responsibilities
- Identify and describe the different types of evaluation methodologies and their associated application
- Describe proposal handling processes
- Prepare to conduct a negotiation
- Describe how to customize terms and conditions in a contract to meet the needs of the procurement
- Identify and describe how to manage post award issues in accordance with the commonly accepted practices of the profession.
Designed for all procurement professionals involved in the competitive, best value solicitation process.
This course is uniquely designed to prepare procurement professionals to use the Request for Proposals (RFP) process to its maximum potential. The class agenda will identify the process, offer a key understanding of the elements of the proposal, and ascertain ways in which the document can be used to its full capability. Pitfalls and success stories will make the class relevant and applicable when planning to incorporate this type of solicitation into the government process. Practical examples, discussion, group exercises, and case studies will be used throughout the course.