Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Classify and differentiate “post-award activities” versus “pre-award activities.”
- Plan and facilitate a contract/project kick off meeting.
- Use standardized tools and standard operating procedures.
- Train the project manager and supplier on project monitoring, documentation, and deliverables.
- Manage rejections and remedies.
- Successfully mediate and resolve a dispute by a contractor.
- Successfully modify a contract.
- Make a decision to terminate a contract.
Although a contract administration professional will spend the majority of their time in the solicitation development and contract award phases of procurement, a procurement official’s role in contract administration continues through the management of the contract.
In the process of managing work under a contract, procurement officials need to understand the actions that need to be implemented, in order to prevent and/or mitigate issues that occur during contract performance.
This course covers all contract administration activities that occur after the contract is awarded, with the ultimate goal of managing a procurement contract to a successful completion.