Senior Purchasing Agent
Date: Sep 10, 2019, 16:06 PM
Title: Senior Purchasing Agent
Agency: City of Redmond
Address: Redmond, wa
Salary Range: $ To $
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as procurement expert for internal customers.
• Conducts competitive solicitation processes.
• Composes and issues Invitation for Bids (IFB) / Request for Proposals (RFP).
• Advertises and evaluates bid submittals to determine lowest and best responsible bidder.
• Participates in contract negotiation and formation.
• Conducts straightforward and complex commodity reviews in a public environment which may include market analysis.
• Prepares comparative analysis to evaluate and make supplier recommendations and selections.
• May draft routine and non-routine purchase contracts.
• Advocates for proper bidding and contracting processes; trains and guides city staff through the process as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or
• Five (5) years of commodities purchasing experience
• Public sector experience preferred; or any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses and Requirements:
• Valid driver's license.
• Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
Application Process: Selection Process
• All applicants will be notified of their application status.
• Top candidates will be contacted to participate in the next phase of selection process, which may include testing and/or an interview.
• Note, the City may review existing application pools to fill this position or use this pool to fill future vacancies.
Contact Name: Redjobs
Contact Phone: 425 556 2120
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2019, 08:00 AM