Date: Dec 5, 2019, 12:34 PM
Title: Senior Buyer
Agency: North Texas Municipal Water District
Address: Wylie, tx
Salary Range: $61764 To $91412
Under direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Senior Buyer is responsible for preparing, administering and coordinating purchasing activities that include, but are not limited to, commodity, general supplies and services, maintenance, information technology, and professional services. Serve as primary contact and collaborate with internal North Texas Municipal Water District Departments to develop and write bid proposal packages for competitive requests for bids, requests for qualifications/proposals for professional services. Work involves preparing solicitation and contract documents in a timely manner, managing the solicitation process, facilitating contract execution, and administer contracts including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, pricing, and writing change orders and delivery orders. Provide support for agreements, including the contract close out at the end of term. Serve as an internal resource to interpret and comply with District policies
and applicable laws.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, or other related field.
2. Three (3) years of experience in public procurement or verifiable experience equivalent to five (5) years in a position with duties closely related to those of a Senior Buyer.
3. A Professional Purchasing Certification (CPPB or CPPO), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent is preferred. Must obtain certification within three (3) years of appointment.
4. Work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Requirements may be an acceptable substitution for the specified education and experience requirements.
5. Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
Application Process: Apply online at ntmwd.com
Contact Name: Nicole Mucha
Contact Phone: 972-442-5405
Closing Date: Feb 28, 2020, 07:00 AM