Date: Dec 5, 2019, 12:33 PM
Title: Purchasing Agent
Agency: North Texas Municipal Water District
Address: Wylie, tx
Salary Range: $82770 To $122500
Under supervised direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for professional work of advanced difficulty preparing, administering and coordinating contracts that include, but are not limited to, commodity, general supplies and services, maintenance, information technology, and professional services. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for reviewing, coordinating and organizing day to day purchasing and contract administration activities for the Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Agent will develop and write bid proposal packages for competitive requests for bids, requests for qualifications/proposals for professional services. Work involves preparing solicitation and contract documents in a timely manner, managing the solicitation process, negotiating terms and conditions, complete contract executions, and administer contracts including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, pricing, negotiating and writing change orders and delivery orders. Provide support for agreements, including the contract close out at the end of term. Serve as an internal resource to interpret and comply with District policies and applicable laws.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, or other related field.
2. Minimum of four (4) years of experience in public procurement which includes public contracting and contract negotiations.
3. Must possess a Professional Purchasing Certification (CPPB or CPPO), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent, or obtain certification within one (1) year of appointment.
4. Work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Requirements may be an acceptable substitution for the specified education and experience requirements.
5. Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
Application Process: Apply online at ntmwd.com
Contact Name: Nicole Mucha
Contact Phone: 972-442-5405
Closing Date: Feb 28, 2020, 07:00 AM