The NIGP-CPP Module B Prep Course reviews the following competency statements:
- Choose and implement strategic improvements for the procurement function.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement social and environmentally sustainable procurement policies and other procurement priorities.
- Advise the entity on how to resolve procurement-related issues.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by communicating requirements, responsibilities, and outcomes.
- Create, lead, and provide holistic procurement program oversight.
- Identify opportunities for strategic contracting initiatives.
- Manage the issues distinct to international business.
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of asset management, warehousing, and logistics programs.
- Recommend options to dispose of assets to maximize residual value.
- Create policies and procedures to support an ethical workplace.
- Create a culture and system to foster continuous improvement.
- Provide professional development opportunities for procurement professionals.
- Provide educational opportunities related to procurement best practices to non-procurement professionals.
- Engage stakeholders in development of entity key performance indicators to achieve change implementation.
- Communicate programs, policies, and procedures in support of entity’s continuous advancement.
- Develop criteria for evaluation of internal and external relationships and Procurement’s performance.
- Align procurement change with entity goals.
- Identify and address challenges and conflicts.
- Establish a continuous improvement plan.
- Identify how changes in global, national, and regional economies will affect operations.
- Develop and manage a thriving and resilient workplace.
- Obtain and manage budgetary resources to further Procurement's goals.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to enhance the image of the procurement function.