- Establish a JOC program that allows for smaller projects to be completed faster and reduces administrative costs.
- Acquire stakeholder support to establish a JOC program.
- Establish parameters to determine the best procurement method and requirements for the term contracts.
- Establish parameters to determine the best procurement method and requirements for the term contract.
- Manage JOC contracts while ensuring program viability and compliance.
Specialization Certificate: Job Order Contracting
- Date: 10/23/2023
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Arizona
- End Time: 5:00 PM Arizona
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Hosted By: Arizona State Capitol Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Mr. Terryl A Robinson, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBDirector of Procurement & Payment ServicesMr. Terryl A Robinson, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBtrobinson17@pima.edu — Phone: 520-850-0726Terryl (Terry) A. Robinson, CPPO, CPPB, MBA currently serves as the Director of Procurement and Payment Services for Pima Community College in Tucson, AZ. Additionally, he serves as an Adjunct Professor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for PCC's Logistics & Supply Chain Management Program. As PCC's Chief Procurement Officer responsibilities include, college wide purchasing, contract signature authority, p-Card Program Management, and Accounts Payable Services. Formally the a Principal Contract Officer and Lead (Supervisor) for the City of Tucson Business Services Department’s Procurement Satellite Office for the Tucson Water Department. He is responsible for managing the contracting staff and overseeing Tucson Water’s wide ranging portfolio of contracts; which have a contracting value in excess of $400 million dollars. Mr. Robinson has over 10 years leadership experience with City Government and over 15 years of managerial and corporate training experience in private sector business. EDUCATION: Holds a MBA from Troy State University (2000); is an alumni of the University of Arizona’s Eller Executive Education Program (2017); and a 7 year UABA Board Member. He is currently pursuing a Doctorate Degree in Higher Education through Grand Canyon University with a dissertation focused on online collaborative learning. Mr. Robinson is currently a Certified Instructor for the NIGP. He is also an active member of the Southern Arizona Copper Chapter of the NIGP, currently serving as the chapter's VP of Education.
- Level: Advanced Practitioner
- Format: In-Person
- Contact Hours: 7.5
- CEUs: 0.8
Job Order Contracting (JOC) is a subset of construction procurement and typically used for smaller construction procurements. The use of Job Order Contracting is growing as entities are trying to find ways to achieve growth and maintenance goals while staying within budget and time constraints. To successfully implement a JOC, procurement needs to establish a JOC program. Procurement must also communicate with suppliers about JOC opportunities and manage contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms.