- Define spend analysis and spend management and differentiate between the two.
- Oversee and direct all spend-related activities to promote greater efficiency and effectiveness by engaging in the continuous process of controlling and analyzing entity spend.
Competency Module: Spend Analysis
- Date: 07/19/2022
- Start Time: 5:00 PM Central Time
- End Time: 9:00 PM Central Time
- Instructor: Mr. John Lee Robinson, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPSM, CPPB, C.P.M.DirectorMr. John Lee Robinson, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPSM, CPPB, C.P.M.John Robinson, CPSM, CPPO, C.P.M. CPPB is the Director of Purchasing for the University of North Carolina at Wilmington where he leads a Purchasing Team focused on best value procurement, process improvement, supply relationship management and customer engagement. Prior to his arrival at UNCW, John served as Director of Procurement for the Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority where he led a procurement transformation project taking the organization from a decentralized procurement operation to a centralized procurement and strategic sourcing operation. Additionally, prior to his arrival at RDU, John served as Director of Materials Management at the North Carolina State Ports Authority and Senior Procurement Agent with the Charlotte Mecklenburg School System. John served the first twelve years of his procurement career in the textile industry with J.P. Stevens & Company. John is also the President of 1 Positive Leadership, LLC, a Certified Coach, Trainer and Speaker with the John Maxwell Team, an instructor in Supply Chain and Procurement with the National Institute of Governmental Procurement and an ISM certified instructor for Certified Professional in Supply Management Prep. John specializes in leadership development, coaching and teaching; public/private sector supply chain, procurement and contracting; employee engagement, emotional intelligence; and development and building organizational success from the inside out accomplished through building collaboration and efficiency in business processes and developing individual knowledge and skills. With more than 28 years in supply chain operations of manufacturing and public sector, John brings working knowledge and academic knowledge to your operation. Holding a Master of Science Degree in Leadership, Bachelor of Science in Business, Certified Professional in Supply Management and Certified Purchasing Manager credentials from the Institute for Supply Management, and Certified Public Procurement Officer and Certified Professional Public Buyer credentials from the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council; John has invested in a career of personal and professional development focused on helping others succeed and achieve their goals.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
Spend analysis is a critical tool in the procurement professional’s toolbox, empowering professionals with the ability to detect opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness within the larger governmental entity. Through effective spend analysis, the procurement professional can analyze past, current, and future projected spend to develop more informed and more strategic procurement strategies.