- Identify, define, and apply legal terms, concepts, and principles in public procurement functions.
- Distinguish between legislation and regulations governing general procurement, budget and finance, federally funded contracting, and public works and other special procurements.
- Examine the role of the attorney in public procurement and contrast it to the role of the procurement professional.
- Explain how the laws establish the rights and obligations of all parties
On Demand: Legislation & Legal Environment
- Instructor: Online LearningOnline LearningPhone: 800-367-6447 — Fax: 703-736-9644Online, self paced learning, anytime, anywhere you want. Be sure to check out all the ONLINE offerings we have! Recommendations? Comments? Please send us an email at the address listed above. We'd love to hear from you!
- Level: Foundation
- Format: On Demand
- Contact Hours: 3
- CEUs: 0.3
- Recertification: Accredited
While not lawyers or representatives of the legal sector, today’s public procurement professional is expected to be well versed in the application of legal limits within the procurement. As such, the aptitude of procurement professionals to comply with legislation, legal principles, and public procurement best practice guidance is critical for not just the success of the function but for the entity as a whole.