- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of the six domains in the body of knowledge as it relates to the CPPO Examination.
- Describe the testing environment for the certification exams.
- Explain various methods of study that will help prepare for the exam.
- Date: 03/11/2024 - 03/12/2024
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Mr. Kirk W. Buffington, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, FNIGP, MBA, C.P.M., CPFIMMr. Kirk W. Buffington, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, FNIGP, MBA, C.P.M., CPFIMProfessional Certification(s) obtained: CPPO, C.P.M. Experience: Kirk Buffington, C.P.M. is the Director of Finance for the City of Fort Lauderdale, Florida – a position he has held since 2014. He brings 19 years of procurement experience to the profession – including 17 years in public procurement for Florida municipal and county governments. Kirk holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business from Florida State University and a Master's Degree in Business Administration with a major in Logistics and Materials Management from Webster University. In service to NIGP Chapters, Kirk has held membership in the Central Florida Chapter of NIGP since 1993 and in the Southeast Florida Chapter since 1995. He has served as the Southeast Florida Chapter Vice President and was the President for two years. Kirk is a Certified NIGP Instructor and served as the President of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. in 2008-2009. In service to the profession, Kirk has also held numerous leadership positions within the Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials (FAPPO) and as its President in 2001. He was also a member of the Local Planning Committee for the 1997 NIGP Forum in Fort Lauderdale.
- Level: Advanced Practitioner
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 16
In an effort to prepare candidates for the computer-based CPPO exam containing 175 questions, this course provides a review that addresses key information on topics identified in the UPPCC Body of Knowledge. Considered as a tool to help the student in assessing their own strengths and weaknesses, as they relate to the subject matter, this course is only a part of the candidates overall study plan for preparation. Participation in this class does not guarantee success on the examination.