Upon successful completion of the certificate, the certificate holder will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate source selection method and describe the components required to successfully meet the needs of the end user.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of contracting for commodities.
- Assist the end user in developing and preparing effective and open specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions to promote maximum competition in the marketplace.
- Evaluate offers, make awards and/or negotiate an optimal contract solution.
- Identify and describe the different types of evaluation methodologies and their associated application.
- Explain the process of receiving, opening and analyzing offers, methods for award, and award strategies.
- Identify and select the most responsive offer(s) and responsible supplier(s).
- Prepare to conduct a negotiation by engaging in market research, determining negotiating strategy and goals, and selecting the negotiating team.
- Conduct and document negotiations with each selected offeror to determine the proposal that best meets entity needs.
- Establish a performance assessment plan to ensure that all stakeholders are complying with the procurement as established in the contract.