- Compare and contrast examples of statutory, administrative law, common law, and policy that define illegal and unethical behavior.
- Assess ethical responses to specific procurement situations.
- Explain the importance of ethics and professionalism in public procurement.
- Identify components of a policy and procedure that openly and fairly disclose a procurement process as regulated by various levels/branches of government.
- Identify issues which inhibit high ethical standards application, particularly relating to gender, generational and diverse cultural norms.
Competency Module: Ethics, Integrity, and Transparency
- Date: 03/06/2024
- Start Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Mrs. Jodi S. Hart, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB, MBA, Juris MasterDirector of Procurement ServicesMrs. Jodi S. Hart, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB, MBA, Juris MasterJodi Hart is the Director of Purchasing for the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County. Jodi began her purchasing career in 1994 and has been involved in Procurement and Inventory Management in both the public and private sectors. Having worked in commodities speculative buying, medical purchasing, City/ Special District Government, K12 and higher education, Jodi has a diverse background to offer. Jodi holds the CPPB, CPPO and NIGP-CPP certifications. Jodi has earned a Master’s in Business Administration and Juris Masters Law Degree from Florida State University. Jodi prides herself in taking the theory and laws of Procurement and applying them to real world needs of a company or agency.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
As stewards of the public trust, procurement professionals are held to a higher standard of ethics than most public employees, acting with confidence to wisely expend the taxpayer dollars. As such, procurement practitioners must serve not only as the ethical leaders of their respective entities but also as an honest and transparent representative within the larger communities they support.