- Demonstrate the skills needed to become a better team member and/or leader.
- Identify the qualities necessary to create a high-performing team.
- Practice techniques for elevating individual and team performance.
17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork
- Date: 03/27/2024 - 04/17/2024
- Instructor: Ms. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPAMs. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPALourdes Coss, MPA, CPPO - is the author of “Procurement Methods: Effective Techniques;” a certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Speaker, Teacher, and Trainer. She's also certified to train and consult on D.I.S.C. Personality Assessment Tool. Lourdes is an accomplished procurement professional with approximately 30 years of experience, 17 of which were leading procurement transformations in large organizations. Lourdes held Chief Procurement Officer and executive level positions in major public organizations, such as: City of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Cook County, and City of Houston; and is now working with Canon Solutions America as a subject matter expert for government. She continues to add value to public entities through consulting, training, and as an NIGP instructor. Lourdes led transformative changes in various agencies leading to savings in excess of $150 Million, higher personnel credentials; and transition to strategic/value add operations. She authored and implemented the procurement code for the City of Houston and participated in the development of and implemented the procurement code for Cook County. Achievements include: national awards for operational excellence, cost savings, 2016 Spirit of NIGP, and 2018 NIGP Integrity Award. Lourdes also held positions on various Boards, including NIGP. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico and received her MPA from Florida State University.
- Level: Management
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 8
This Mastermind series meets live virtually (2 hrs.) for 4 sessions (8 contact hours) and is for those individuals that want to learn how to build their teamwork and collaboration skills as either a team member or leader. Participants will learn the principles for developing a high performing team.
During this series you learn and discuss the values of teamwork necessary for success as you work with others. To ensure application of skills learned, you build an action plan for making the changes necessary to increase your contributions as a team member and/or leader.
Each participants will receive John Maxwell's signature book: The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork
To ensure timely delivery of the book, please be sure to fill out the book mailing form linked in your registration confirmation email.
- March 27 3-5 PM ET
- April 03 3-5 PM ET
- April 10 3-5 PM ET
- April 17 3-5 PM ET