While federal grants often enable local entities to accomplish far more than they could with solely their own resources, the path to obtaining such funds is far from smooth. It is important for local entities to thoroughly understand the procurement process and their role in it before accepting federal grants that entail procurement activities. All entities must closely review grants and understand their requirements to make fully informed decisions. To that end, all parties should fully comprehend: 1) the requirements of the Uniform Guidance; 2) the special requirements imposed by the granting agency; and 3) local procurement policies that may or may not comply with federal requirements. Procurement should be involved throughout the grant lifecycle to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and grant requirements to ensure the timely and equitable expenditure of grant funds.
What You'll Learn
completing this online training session, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the parts of a grant relevant to procurement and know how to incorporate them into a procurement plan.
2. Know how to source the goods or services required by a solicitation in compliance with the Uniform Guidance.
3. Know the additional actions required once an award is made to a supplier to ensure compliance and reporting.
4. Know how to bring an entity's procurement policies, procedures, and regulations into compliance with federal grant requirements.
5. Know how to use your professional skills and judgement to gain necessary information when using federal funds.
Attendance for Individuals
In order to receive one contact hour,
each member needs to register for the webinar individually in advance and then
watch the live webinar. Your credit is tabulated by match between your login
and your registration.
Attendance for Groups
There is a Group Sign-In Form provided
with each webinar. The group sign-in form does not register anyone for the
webinar, it just verifies live attendance. Each person will receive their login
email on the day of the webinar – this verifies their registration.
The group sign in form verifies that they watched the live webinar.
firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive your login information by 12 pm
ET on the day of the webinar.