- Identify and define public procurement legal terms, concepts, and principles.
- Describe how the three categories of law—the common law, legislative/statutory law, and administrative law—apply to public procurement.
- Apply basic legal concepts and principles to practical public procurement situations.
Competency Module: Enabling Regulations & Compliance VIRTUAL CLASS
- Date: 05/19/2021
- Start Time: 9:00 AM Central Time
- End Time: 1:00 PM Central Time
- Location: Elkhorn, WI
- Hosted By: Wisconsin Association for Public Procurement Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Mrs. Marcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, FNIGP, C.P.M., CPMPresident of NIGP Code and Consulting ServicesMrs. Marcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, FNIGP, C.P.M., CPMMarcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, C.P.M., CPM, is currently the NIGP Consulting Program Manager. She is retired from public sector, having served as the Chief Procurement Officer for the City of Tucson. With over 28 years of experience in public procurement, Marcheta is a passionate advocate for her profession. Marcheta was inducted as a Fellow of the Institute in 2019. She was the 2017 Distinguished Service Award winner. She is a past NIGP President (2013-14) and served on the Board of Directors for 10 years. She is a past Chair of the UPPCC and a Council Member for 3 years. She was the first Chair of the NIGP Talent Council and Chair of the NIGP 2.0 Task Force, the historic project of governance model transformation. She has also chaired the NIGP Task Force for the Values & Guiding Principles Initiative, the NIGP Forum Committee and the NIGP Governance Committee. She has been an active leader and member of the NIGP Southern Arizona Copper Chapter since 1991. Marcheta has spoken and trained at hundreds of international, national, regional and local conferences and events. She is an NIGP Master Certified Instructor and has developed numerous training programs as well as written for national procurement publications. Marcheta owns MG Procurement Consulting, LLC, serving as a professional consultant on numerous agency projects. In 2009, Marcheta was selected as the NIGP Copper Chapter Manager of the Year.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: In-Person
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
- Recertification: Accredited
This course has been converted to Virtual delivery