- Describe the four levels of influence and how to move from one to the next.
- Identify the shifts that you can make to increase your influence.
- Evaluate the lens through which you view others.
- Employ techniques to increase your influence.
Becoming a Person of Influence
- Date: 01/10/2024 - 01/24/2024
- Instructor: Ms. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPAMs. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPALourdes Coss, MPA, CPPO - is the author of “Procurement Methods: Effective Techniques;” a certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Speaker, Teacher, and Trainer. She's also certified to train and consult on D.I.S.C. Personality Assessment Tool. Lourdes is an accomplished procurement professional with approximately 30 years of experience, 17 of which were leading procurement transformations in large organizations. Lourdes held Chief Procurement Officer and executive level positions in major public organizations, such as: City of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Cook County, and City of Houston; and is now working with Canon Solutions America as a subject matter expert for government. She continues to add value to public entities through consulting, training, and as an NIGP instructor. Lourdes led transformative changes in various agencies leading to savings in excess of $150 Million, higher personnel credentials; and transition to strategic/value add operations. She authored and implemented the procurement code for the City of Houston and participated in the development of and implemented the procurement code for Cook County. Achievements include: national awards for operational excellence, cost savings, 2016 Spirit of NIGP, and 2018 NIGP Integrity Award. Lourdes also held positions on various Boards, including NIGP. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico and received her MPA from Florida State University.
- Level: Management
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 6
This Mastermind series meets live virtually (2 hrs.) for 3 sessions (6 contact hours) and is for those individuals that want to learn how to increase their impact on others by becoming a person of influence.
To be successful in implementing sound procurement practices, procurement professionals must influence the behavior of others in a positive way. Whether you’re a manager leading a team, a procurement professional leading a solicitation process, or leading a group of volunteers, your influence will grow when you put into practice the strategies discussed.
During this series you learn about the four levels of influence and practice simple, insightful ways to interact more positively with others while achieving more. Participants will engage in guided discussions and share ideas and reflections from own experiences.
Each participants will receive John Maxwell's signature book: Becoming a Person of Influence.
To ensure timely delivery of the book, please be sure to fill out the book mailing form linked in your registration confirmation email.
- January 10 12-2 PM ET
- January 17 12-2 PM ET
- January 24 12-2 PM ET