NIGP’s Advanced Risk Analysis course is a scenario-based, 8-hour learning experience where students leave with the ability to:
- Anticipate risks and problems that can arise during the procurement process.
- Create and carry out an effective procurement risk management strategy plan.
- Conduct a peer review of a solicitation to find errors and omissions or make other suggestions to the document, answer supplier questions, and determine appropriate contract terms.
- Mitigate risk after contract award by ensuring that the people with appropriate approval authorities execute the contract, providing feedback to suppliers not awarded and handling protests and appeals.
- Minimize risk throughout the life of the contract by monitoring deliverables, conducting reviews and checks on contract performance, mitigate any recurrences of issues, and monitoring customer buy-in.
- Create a risk register to identify the items with the highest level of associated risk and actions that may be needed to mitigate those risks.
- Reduce instances of litigation, mistakes, and speed bumps.