- Assist the end user in developing and preparing effective and open specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions to promote maximum competition in the marketplace.
- Assess stakeholder standardization requirements to determine supplier testing or demonstration needs.
Competency Module: Specification Development
- Date: 10/18/2022
- Start Time: 5:00 PM Central Time
- End Time: 9:00 PM Central Time
- Hosted By: Wisconsin Association for Public Procurement Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Ms. Stephanie L. Akerley, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBCorporate Procurement Program ManagerMs. Stephanie L. Akerley, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB
Stephanie Akerley is a Principal Procurement Specialist for The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission. She partners with CEOs, executives and end users to assist them in gaining the right product or service at the right price at the right time. After spending nearly three decades working in procurement, Stephanie knows what truly drives the procurement process —and it’s not just about knowing all “the rules.” It’s how well you connect with the people you’re trying to help and communicate your understanding back to them. This is true not only for internal clients, but external clients.
Stephanie earned her first CPPB in 1997. After taking a career break to raise her family, she once again earned a CPPB in 2015.
In 2017, she earned her Certified Technology Procurement Specialist (CTPS) certification from the Certified Technology Professionals Executives Society.
On the Faculty of :
Introduction to Public Procurement
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4