Is the Contractor Qualified?
- Pre-qualify Bidders
- Establish Bidder Responsibility Criteria
- Specification Qualification Requirements
- Subcontractor Approval Process
How Can You Manage the Bidding Process?
- Develop Clear Bidding Documents
- Optional vs. Mandatory Pre-Bid Meetings
- Craft Clear Addenda
- Accept Bidder’s Claim of Error
How Can Bonding Companies Help?
- Bid Bonds and Other Bid Guaranties
- Performance Bonds
- Payment Bonds
- Warranty Bonds
What Financial Tools Are at Your Disposal?
- Withhold Retainage
- Determine and Assess Liquidated Damages
- Assess Actual Damages
- Obtain Release of Claims Prior to Payments
What Are Effective Construction Management Practices?
- Avoid Front-Loaded Schedule of Values
- Inspect Work Performed
- Review Pay Applications for Work Completed
- Manage Claims Process
- Control Change Orders Approved
Can You Evaluate Contractor Performance?
- Features of Effective Contractor Performance Evaluation Programs
- Using Results from Contractor Evaluations
When Can You Award Based on Price and Qualifications?
- Best Value Procurement
- Construction Manager at Risk
- Job Order Contracting
- One Day, in-person classroom experience
** Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course.
- Register online with credit card
- Register online and upload a Purchase Order
- Register by fax and download the print & fax form
*FORM OF PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY REGISTRATION FORM FOR ORDER TO BE PROCESSED
Methods of Payment Accepted: Check (make checks payable to NIGP), Purchase Orders (via print and fax form or online), and Credit Cards (Master Card, Visa, and American Express).
If paying by check, please make check payable to NIGP and send payment to:
NIGP, Attn: Seminar Registration
2411 Dulles Corner Park, Suite 350
Herndon, VA 20171