- •Assist the end user in developing and preparing effective and open specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions to promote maximum competition in the marketplace.
- •Assess stakeholder standardization requirements to determine supplier testing or demonstration needs.
Competency Module: Specification Development VIRTUAL CLASS
- Date: 05/20/2021
- Start Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Hosted By: NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement
- Instructor: Ms. Stacy Lynn Adams, CPPB, NIGP-CPPDeputy State Procurement OfficerMs. Stacy Lynn Adams, CPPB, NIGP-CPPStacy Adams, CPPB, is the Deputy State Procurement Officer for the State of South Carolina, Division of Procurement Services managing the State Term Contracting Teams. With nearly 20 years of experience her skills represent governmental purchasing at the county, state agency and state-wide levels. Stacy is a leader who is actively involved in content builds for the new NIGP Pathways program. She instructs courses as a NIGP Certified Instructor. Stacy is also an instructor for courses on behalf of the South Carolina State Fiscal Accountability Authority helping procurement professionals throughout the state learn various aspects of the profession. Stacy’s desire to “give back” to the profession she so dearly loves continues in her service to NIGP and its local Chapter, SCAGPO. As an active member of both, she serves on many committees and has been awarded Buyer of the Year for 2014 and was the recipient of the B.D. Bland Distinguished Service Award in 2018. Stacy currently serves on NIGP’s Talent Council and as its liaison to the Pipeline and Placement Committee and serves SCAGPO on the Past President’s Council. Stacy is married to the amazingly charming and wonderful Charlie Adams. The two share 4 children and 3 wonderful grandchildren. They currently reside in Blythewood, SC. Stacy is a graduate of Southern Wesleyan University with a degree in Business Administration.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
Proper specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions help promote maximum competition in the marketplace, making them an asset to public procurement professionals and end users alike. But the ability to determine viable supplier testing, demonstration needs, or other additional requirements can make specification development a difficult task for even the most veteran procurement professional.