- Demonstrate the principles of leadership.
- Apply the 21 laws to all areas of your life.
- Share experiences that reflect the application of the leadership principles.
A Leaders Journey – 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- Date: 02/27/2024 - 03/26/2024
- Instructor: Ms. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPAMs. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPALourdes Coss, MPA, CPPO - is the author of “Procurement Methods: Effective Techniques;” a certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Speaker, Teacher, and Trainer. She's also certified to train and consult on D.I.S.C. Personality Assessment Tool. Lourdes is an accomplished procurement professional with approximately 30 years of experience, 17 of which were leading procurement transformations in large organizations. Lourdes held Chief Procurement Officer and executive level positions in major public organizations, such as: City of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Cook County, and City of Houston; and is now working with Canon Solutions America as a subject matter expert for government. She continues to add value to public entities through consulting, training, and as an NIGP instructor. Lourdes led transformative changes in various agencies leading to savings in excess of $150 Million, higher personnel credentials; and transition to strategic/value add operations. She authored and implemented the procurement code for the City of Houston and participated in the development of and implemented the procurement code for Cook County. Achievements include: national awards for operational excellence, cost savings, 2016 Spirit of NIGP, and 2018 NIGP Integrity Award. Lourdes also held positions on various Boards, including NIGP. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico and received her MPA from Florida State University.
- Level: Management
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 10
This Mastermind series meets live virtually for 5 sessions and is for those individuals what want to build upon their leadership foundation. Participants will see their leadership effectiveness expand when they learn and apply the principles in any aspect of their lives.
We will be joined by John Maxwell and Mark Cole, CEO of the John Maxwell Enterprise via video as they explore the 21 irrefutable laws of leadership. Using the videos as a starting point for discussion, participants share thoughts, reflections, and experiences in a safe learning environment as we discuss each Law and how to best apply it in the procurement setting. There will be optional application homework for participants wanting to get the most out of the program.
Each participants will receive John Maxwell's signature book: The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
To ensure timely delivery of the book, please be sure to fill out the book mailing form linked in your registration confirmation email.
- February 27 3-5 PM ET
- February 29 3-5 PM ET
- March 12 3-5 PM ET
- March 19 3-5 PM ET
- March 26 3-5 PM ET