- •Assist the end user in developing and preparing effective and open specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions to promote maximum competition in the marketplace.
- •Assess stakeholder standardization requirements to determine supplier testing or demonstration needs.
Competency Module: Specification Development VIRTUAL CLASS
- Date: 11/16/2021
- Start Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Ms. Bobbie Tolston, CPPO, CPPB, NIGP-CPPSupervisor of PurchasingMs. Bobbie Tolston, CPPO, CPPB, NIGP-CPPBobbie Tolston, CPPO, CPPB Bobbie is a veteran who served in the U.S. Navy and received an honorable discharge. She graduated Cum Laude from Northeastern Illinois University where she earned a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business Administration. She has over 19 years of public procurement experience. Bobbie is currently the Supervisor of Purchasing for Harford County Public Schools where she oversees the day to day activities of purchasing and the distribution center. She has been successful with spearheading the implementation of several Enterprise wide technology enhancements during her career. These enhancements were geared towards streamlining business processes and increasing staff efficiencies and productivity. Bobbie has a broad range of procurement experience and utilizes her knowledge by assisting agencies to cultivate their procurement department. She has experience working with water utilities, local, and municipal government agencies. She has developed training programs for procurement professionals (i.e. procurement cards, procurement processes and procedures, etc.). In addition, she has provided training to various minority business during “How to do Business” outreach events. Bobbie is very passionate about the procurement profession and enjoys sharing her passion with others. She oftentimes acts as a mentor to other procurement professionals. It is her belief that by sharing her knowledge and experiences with others, this helps the procurement profession to grow! Bobbie has enjoyed being a member of NIGP since 1999.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
Proper specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions help promote maximum competition in the marketplace, making them an asset to public procurement professionals and end users alike. But the ability to determine viable supplier testing, demonstration needs, or other additional requirements can make specification development a difficult task for even the most veteran procurement professional.