- Analyze the requirements for a procurement and determine which transportation and logistics processes provide the best solutions for the entity.
- Increase service to internal customers to provide faster warehousing turnaround.
- Define freight and logistics terms and conditions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify warehousing and logistics issues or concerns, to include the storage, movement, and delivery of commodities throughout the life of their usage in order to best meet entity needs.
- Track the precise location and distribution points of goods and assets at any point in the process.
- Discuss various techniques for safely and effectively managing inventories and optimizing inventory supply services to stakeholders.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure safe, efficient, and ethically-aligned disposal of surplus, excess, or obsolete commodities. Decrease on-site physical injury through effective safety protocol.
- Reduce waste and risk of security breaches through effective commodity evaluation and disposal methodology.
Core Certificate: Foundations of Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Date: 09/26/2023 - 09/27/2023
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Hosted By: Tampa Bay Area Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Faculty TBDFaculty TBD
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 15
- CEUs: 1.5
Oftentimes overlooked in favor of the more traditional responsibilities, the warehousing and inventory management apparatus of the public procurement function is a critical standard through which procurement professionals provide value to their larger governmental entities. Empowering learners with the foundation to ensure goods and materials are handled efficiently, effectively, and safely, NIGP’s Foundations of Warehousing and Inventory Management Core Certificate provides learners with the actions they need to succeed when providing support to their entity’s warehousing functions. Addressing working with internal and external stakeholders, asset control, waste reduction, storage utility, and maximum return on investment, Foundations of Warehousing and Inventory Management empowers public procurement professionals with actionable opportunities and best-practice guidance, promoting effective warehousing functionality to the logistic and economic benefit of all stakeholders.