- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of the six domains in the body of knowledge as it relates to the CPPO Examination.
- Describe the testing environment for the certification exams.
- Explain various methods of study that will help prepare for the exam.
- Date: 03/24/2022 - 03/25/2022
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Location: Chesterfield, VA
- Hosted By: Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Ms. Carolyn L. Everett, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBMs. Carolyn L. Everett, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB
Professional Certification(s) obtained: CPPO, CPPB
Experience: Carolyn retired from Commonwealth of Kentucky’s Finance and Administration Cabinet, Division of Engineering & Contract Administration (DECA), where she served a Strategic Procurement Specialist III.
> With over 29 years of experience, she has held a variety of positions in both the private and public sectors. Carolyn started her formal procurement career in the private sector, purchasing IT hardware, software, and paper goods for manufacturing plants, including Whirlpool Corporation. Later, she took a public procurement position at the Cabinet for Health & Family Services (CHFS), where she began as Administrative Secretary to the Branch Manager of the Procurement Dept. There, she moved through the ranks of Purchasing Officer I, II, III, Purchasing Agent I, and Internal Policy Analyst II, conducting complex Request For Proposals (RFPs) for Child Support, Food Stamps, Medicaid, IT technology, maintenance agreements, copiers, cell phones, etc. She also conducted solicitations for construction projects, equipment, maintenance, repairs, and Capital projects for the various State agencies, as well as the Kentucky universities and Department of Military Affairs.
Carolyn is a long time member and served as Chapter President for the Kentucky Public Procurement Association (KPPA) and serves on the Forum Committee for NIGP
NIGP Courses / Topics:
Contracting for Construction Services
Developing and Managing Requests for Proposals
Introduction to Public Procurement
- Level: Advanced
- Format: In-Person
- Contact Hours: 15
In an effort to prepare candidates for the computer-based CPPO exam containing 175 questions, this course provides a review that addresses key information on topics identified in the UPPCC Body of Knowledge. Considered as a tool to help the student in assessing their own strengths and weaknesses, as they relate to the subject matter, this course is only a part of the candidates overall study plan for preparation. Participation in this class does not guarantee success on the examination.