- •Assist the end user in developing and preparing effective and open specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions to promote maximum competition in the marketplace.
- •Assess stakeholder standardization requirements to determine supplier testing or demonstration needs.
Competency Module: Specification Development
- Date: 06/16/2023
- Start Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Ms. Denise E. Badillo, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBPurchasing DirectorMs. Denise E. Badillo, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBdbadillo@northcharleston.org — Phone: 843-740-5899 — Fax: 843-745-1083
Denise has 24 years of procurement experience, 20 of those years have been in the public sector and with the City of North Charleston, where she currently serves as the Director of Procurement. She became certified as a CPPB in 2002 and earned her CPPO in 2014.
Denise has been an active member of NIGP and her local chapter, South Carolina Association of Purchasing Officials, since 1998. She is currently serving on the executive board of the local chapter.
Denise enjoys serving her community, reading, hiking, volunteering and spending time with family. She is married to Ricky Badillo; together they have five children and five grandchildren.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
- Sourcing and Solicitation
- Specification Development
Proper specifications, pricing strategies, and terms and conditions help promote maximum competition in the marketplace, making them an asset to public procurement professionals and end users alike. But the ability to determine viable supplier testing, demonstration needs, or other additional requirements can make specification development a difficult task for even the most veteran procurement professional.