- Differentiate the concepts of leadership and management in public entities and how each concept contributes to the success of goals and objectives within the entity.
- Incorporate activity analysis and tracking tools to support entity success for all internal and external stakeholders.
Competency Module: Relationship Management: Internal Customers & Suppliers VIRTUAL CLASS
- Date: 09/28/2021 - 09/29/2021
- Start Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 6:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Mrs. Marcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, FNIGP, C.P.M., NIGP-CPP, CPMPresident of NIGP Code and Consulting ServicesMrs. Marcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, FNIGP, C.P.M., NIGP-CPP, CPMMarcheta E. Gillespie, CPPO, CPPB, C.P.M., CPM, is currently the NIGP Consulting Program Manager. She is retired from public sector, having served as the Chief Procurement Officer for the City of Tucson. With over 28 years of experience in public procurement, Marcheta is a passionate advocate for her profession. Marcheta was inducted as a Fellow of the Institute in 2019. She was the 2017 Distinguished Service Award winner. She is a past NIGP President (2013-14) and served on the Board of Directors for 10 years. She is a past Chair of the UPPCC and a Council Member for 3 years. She was the first Chair of the NIGP Talent Council and Chair of the NIGP 2.0 Task Force, the historic project of governance model transformation. She has also chaired the NIGP Task Force for the Values & Guiding Principles Initiative, the NIGP Forum Committee and the NIGP Governance Committee. She has been an active leader and member of the NIGP Southern Arizona Copper Chapter since 1991. Marcheta has spoken and trained at hundreds of international, national, regional and local conferences and events. She is an NIGP Master Certified Instructor and has developed numerous training programs as well as written for national procurement publications. Marcheta owns MG Procurement Consulting, LLC, serving as a professional consultant on numerous agency projects. In 2009, Marcheta was selected as the NIGP Copper Chapter Manager of the Year.
- Level: Advanced
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 15
- CEUs: 1.5
This course is designed to enhance your perspective on building relationships in your professional environment. You have likely developed your relationship skills building rapport and collaborating with your public procurement colleagues and your end users. But have you equally invested in building better, stronger professional relationships with your many other stakeholders? Participants in this course can expect to become better equipped to develop positive relationships with all stakeholders and be able to:
- Develop and manage a marketing plan to deliver information and resources to internal and external stakeholders
- Train internal and external stakeholders, to development more effective relationships and create efficiencies in the procurement process.
- Establish trust with stakeholders through open, transparent communications.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities to create more effective interactions and decrease risk to the entity.
- Create and monitor effective performance measures for managing stakeholder relations.
- Foster customer service and build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.