Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify and define public purchasing legal terms, concepts and principles.
- Apply basic legal concepts and principles to practical public procurement situations
- Describe how the three categories of law ― the common law of contracts, statutory law and administrative law ― apply to public purchasing.
- Describe how the laws establish the rights and obligations of all parties.
- Distinguish between ethical and legal requirements and apply the appropriate actions and conduct.
- Describe the role of the public professional in the application of procurement and contract law in accordance with the commonly accepted practices of the profession.