- Define spend analysis and spend management and differentiate between the two.
- Oversee and direct all spend-related activities to promote greater efficiency and effectiveness by engaging in the continuous process of controlling and analyzing entity spend.
Competency Module: Spend Analysis
- Date: 05/18/2022
- Start Time: 8:00 AM Pacific Time
- End Time: 12:00 PM Pacific Time
- Hosted By: Washington State Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Ms. Denise E. Badillo, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBPurchasing DirectorMs. Denise E. Badillo, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB
Denise has 24 years of procurement experience, 20 of those years have been in the public sector and with the City of North Charleston, where she currently serves as the Director of Procurement. She became certified as a CPPB in 2002 and earned her CPPO in 2014.
Denise has been an active member of NIGP and her local chapter, South Carolina Association of Purchasing Officials, since 1998. She is currently serving on the executive board of the local chapter.
Denise enjoys serving her community, reading, hiking, volunteering and spending time with family. She is married to Ricky Badillo; together they have five children and five grandchildren.
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4
Spend analysis is a critical tool in the procurement professional’s toolbox, empowering professionals with the ability to detect opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness within the larger governmental entity. Through effective spend analysis, the procurement professional can analyze past, current, and future projected spend to develop more informed and more strategic procurement strategies.