- Demonstrate the skill of coaching.
- Apply techniques that build better relationships with your team while helping them succeed.
- Show others how to enhance their problem-solving skills.
Coaching for High Performance Workshop
- Date: 03/20/2024
- Start Time: 9:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Instructor: Ms. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPAMs. Lourdes Coss, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, MPALourdes Coss, MPA, CPPO - is the author of “Procurement Methods: Effective Techniques;” a certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Speaker, Teacher, and Trainer. She's also certified to train and consult on D.I.S.C. Personality Assessment Tool. Lourdes is an accomplished procurement professional with approximately 30 years of experience, 17 of which were leading procurement transformations in large organizations. Lourdes held Chief Procurement Officer and executive level positions in major public organizations, such as: City of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, Public Building Commission of Chicago, Cook County, and City of Houston; and is now working with Canon Solutions America as a subject matter expert for government. She continues to add value to public entities through consulting, training, and as an NIGP instructor. Lourdes led transformative changes in various agencies leading to savings in excess of $150 Million, higher personnel credentials; and transition to strategic/value add operations. She authored and implemented the procurement code for the City of Houston and participated in the development of and implemented the procurement code for Cook County. Achievements include: national awards for operational excellence, cost savings, 2016 Spirit of NIGP, and 2018 NIGP Integrity Award. Lourdes also held positions on various Boards, including NIGP. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico and received her MPA from Florida State University.
- Level: Management
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 7
This one-day interactive workshop is for the manager or executive leader that wants to build their coaching skills. Participants will be equipped with the knowledge to apply the skill of coaching to build better relations with those they lead, coach others to success, and empower others to sharpen their ability to solve problems and achieve results.
In this workshop, we'll discuss five essential elements of high-performance environment, eight things that all leaders who coach do well, and provide participants the environment to apply what they learn by being the coach and being coached: