- Assess types and levels of risk associated with a procurement project to determine risk mitigation techniques.
- Identify the components of a risk management plan and risk register and their relationship to the project management plan.
- Recognize the difference between qualitative risk analysis and quantitative risk analysis and explain when either or both should be used.
Competency Module: Risk Analysis
- Date: 10/04/2022
- Start Time: 9:00 AM Eastern Time
- End Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- Hosted By: New York State Association of Municipal Purchasing Officials, Inc. Chapter of NIGP
- Instructor: Ms. Carolyn L. Everett, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPBMs. Carolyn L. Everett, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB
Professional Certification(s) obtained: CPPO, CPPB
Experience: Carolyn retired from Commonwealth of Kentucky’s Finance and Administration Cabinet, Division of Engineering & Contract Administration (DECA), where she served a Strategic Procurement Specialist III.
> With over 29 years of experience, she has held a variety of positions in both the private and public sectors. Carolyn started her formal procurement career in the private sector, purchasing IT hardware, software, and paper goods for manufacturing plants, including Whirlpool Corporation. Later, she took a public procurement position at the Cabinet for Health & Family Services (CHFS), where she began as Administrative Secretary to the Branch Manager of the Procurement Dept. There, she moved through the ranks of Purchasing Officer I, II, III, Purchasing Agent I, and Internal Policy Analyst II, conducting complex Request For Proposals (RFPs) for Child Support, Food Stamps, Medicaid, IT technology, maintenance agreements, copiers, cell phones, etc. She also conducted solicitations for construction projects, equipment, maintenance, repairs, and Capital projects for the various State agencies, as well as the Kentucky universities and Department of Military Affairs.
Carolyn is a long time member and served as Chapter President for the Kentucky Public Procurement Association (KPPA) and serves on the Forum Committee for NIGP
NIGP Courses / Topics:
Contracting for Construction Services
Developing and Managing Requests for Proposals
Introduction to Public Procurement
- Level: Foundation
- Format: Virtual Instructor-Led
- Contact Hours: 4
- CEUs: 0.4