NIGP Headliner: Federal Grants Funding
- Date: 01/12/2022 - 01/19/2022
- Format: Virtual Conference
- Contact Hours: 7
Join procurement experts as they demystify Federal Grants Funding. Learn the rules attached to specific sources or funding and how to correctly report for auditing purposes. This NIGP Headliner is comprised of 2 Parts. The events will be hosted on the NIGP's Virtual Platform.
Part I - General Information, Guidance, and Best Practices
January 12, 1PM - 5PM (ET)
Contact Hours: 4
This session begins with a two-hour training from Diane Palmer-Boeck and Kellie Pendleton on contracting with federal grant funds for goods and services. Followed by a one-hour session on federal grants best practices presented by a panel of NIGP SMEs who authored the Federal Grants Best Practice (Terry McKee, Penny Owens, and Zac Christensen). Concluding with a one-hour Q&A session.
Checklist for Appendix II to Part 200 – Contract Provisions for Non-Federal Entity Contracts Under Federal Award. search tips for SAM requirement, CFR 200 Information handout, and tips for System for Award Management (SAM) update.
- Diane Palmer-Boeck, CPPO, Director of Procurement and Project Management, City of Plano, TX
- Kellie Pandleton, CPPO, CPPB, NIGP-CPP, Purchasing Manager, City of Plano, TX
- Terry McKee, MCKEE, CPPO, CPPB, MPA, NIGP-CPP, C.P.M Knoxville's Procurement Director, Community Development Corporation (KCDC)
- Penny Owens, CPPO, NIGP-CPP, Purchasing Agent, City of Knoxville
- Zac Christensen, NIGP-CPP, CPPO, CPPB, Director of Purchasing and Contracts, Utah State Board of Education
Part II - Federal Grant Funding Current Issues Related to ARPA and the CARES Act
January 19, 1PM - 4PM (ET)
Contact hours: 3
This session begins with a one-hour presentation by Emily Brock from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) focused on current issues surrounding the spending of federal funds related to ARPA, the CARES Act, and Infrastructure. Followed by a one-hour panel discussion with suppliers moderated by Kim Abrgeo and Shelly Vineyard (Disaster Recovery Services) providing information about third-party assistance services. Concluding with a one-hour Q&A session.
- Emily Brock (GFOA)
- Kim Abrgeo (Disaster Recovery Services)
- Shelly Vineyard (Disaster Recovery Services)