1. Understand the Exam Format
The Comprehensive exam is a two-module (A and B), computer-based, multiple-choice exam. Each module consists of 80 questions; of these, 75 questions will be scored and the remaining 5 will be considered pre-test questions that may be used in future exams.
You will have 2 hours to complete each module of the computer-based exam at your local testing center.
2. Understand the Exam Content
The comprehensive NIGP-CPP exam is based on 43 competency statements built on the Public Procurement Competency Framework.
Module A covers 20 of those competency statements and Module B covers 23 of the 43 competency statements.
3. Optional Preparation for the Exam
- Take the Personalized NIGP-CPP Assessment. Purchase
- Join the NIGP-CPP Prep Community on NSite (Members Only). JOIN
- Purchase the NIGP-CPP Module A Online Prep Guide. Purchase Today!
- Purchase the NIGP-CPP Module B Online Prep Guide. Purchase Today!
- Register to take an upcoming NIGP-CPP Comprehensive Exam Prep Course: Find an available course
4. Take the tutorial BEFORE going to the testing center
All candidates must complete an online tutorial from Pearson VUE, our testing partner, BEFORE going to your scheduled testing appointment. The tutorial walks you through the mechanics and functionality of the exam and gives an overview of what to expect on the day of your exam.
The tutorial will NOT be available at your testing appointment. Therefore, it is required that you review this information PRIOR to arriving at the Pearson VUE testing center.