Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic communication models and how these models can be applied to Project Communications Management techniques
- Identify the various inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of Project Communications Management activities
- Explain the basics of effective communication in the context of project management
- Describe the importance of the communications management plan
- Conduct communication requirements analysis to determine how communications will be planned for in the communications management plan
- Identify the different methods and technologies of communication, and explain under which circumstances specific methods and technologies are more likely to be successful
- Explain the conventions of creating performance reports that use variance analysis and forecasting techniques to update stakeholders on the progress of the project
This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 10 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will learn about how project management teams can effectively communicate with the project's various stakeholders.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices about how to become a more effective project manager.