World Class Procurement Practices
Duration: 1-Day Course
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
Contact hours: 8 hours
Instructor: Darin Matthews, FNIGP,CPPO,C.P.M.
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
1 day courses:
Institute Members - $305
Non-Members - $405
** Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
The concept of World Class Procurement has application to both the public and private sectors. This workshop will address what is meant by “World Class” and what practices countless public agencies are adopting to achieve such status. Case studies shared in the class will illustrate many common practices of agencies and procurement professionals that are considered World Class.
This course is targeted to all levels of professionals involved in the public procurement process; senior procurement staff and management will particularly benefit from this course.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain the procurement practices of leading agencies.
- Assess the value and practicality of these practices
- Identify procurement methods that are considered world class.
- Definition of world class; public and private sector perspectives
- Evolution of procurement techniques
- Industry trends and survey data
- Pre-Solicitation Approaches
- Sourcing and effective market research
- Building departmental relationships that are win-win
- Analyzing usage data and financial reports
- Developing a quality training program for procurement
- Leading Procurement Techniques
- Creating standard procurement documents
- Advantages and disadvantages of proposal processes
- Alternative procurement methods
- Delegation of authority and de-centralization
- Developing an effective procurement card program
- Post-Award Activities
- Contract administration plans
- Managing contract disputes
- Developing contract performance measurements
- Evaluation of contractors and suppliers
- Implementation of World Class Practices
- Achieving short term wins
- Longer term strategies for implementing new practices
- Cultivating a world class culture
- Case studies, agency examples of world class practices. Making sure your Project Manager/Construction Inspectors are doing their jobs. Are these folks internal or external? What role do they play? What should be their limit of authority and how do you maintain it?
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the seminar start date. After this time, registrations will be based on space availability. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations made in writing 31+ days prior to the seminar date by emailing RegistrationInfo@nigp.org. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the seminar start date. There are no refunds for no-shows. If the seminar is cancelled for any reason, NIGP's liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency may be done at any time with email notification to NIGP. If attending via scholarship, please provide documentation verifying the scholarship issuer’s name and contact information in lieu of payment information.