Warehousing and Inventory Control
Duration: 2-Day Course
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
Contact Hours: 16 hours
CEU Units*: 1.5
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
2 day courses:
Institute Members - $500
Non-Members - $700
Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
*NIGP is authorized by IACET to offer 1.5 CEUs for this program. To learn more about IACET and CEUs, visit www.iacet.org
Public priorities don’t always wait for the supply chain to react to needs. In addition, budgets are too tight for “just in case” inventories waiting for policy-makers to decide whether to install more “children at play signs” or provide additional environmentally-friendly trash bags at parks. How does today’s procurement professional proactively prepare to satisfy client needs? One answer may be an effective warehouse and inventory control system. This course focuses on optimizing the development/management/maintenance of a supply chain that includes a warehousing and inventory management strategy. It enables the procurement professional to gain command of the key elements of a successful operation and provides a guide to complementing procurement activities with prudent inventory management techniques. Can these concepts help your procurement function add value to meet often unpredictable demands? Check it out!
Finance, procurement and supply chain professionals looking for ways to become more effective and efficient by improving their inventory management methodologies. Warehouse managers and warehouse employees.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
Evaluate how public warehouses and inventory control can help meet organizational needs.
- Discuss various techniques for safely and effectively managing inventories and optimizing services to clients.
- Provide for effective management, including disposal, of surplus, scrap and excess inventory.
- Identify current trends in public warehousing.
The following is an outline of the material that will be covered in this two day course. Practical examples, group exercises and case studies will be utilized throughout the course.
- Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory Control
Funding and Costs
Safety and Security
Working Stock and Safety Stock
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Just in Time Inventory Management
- Types of Surplus and Disposal Methods
- Post Test
This outline may be modified slightly at the course instructor’s discretion.
The instructor has no proprietary interest in the development or marketing of this seminar and no financial interest in NIGP.
Requirements of Participants to receive CEU units
- Attendance at the entire course. A sign-in sheet will be available each day the class is in session. Daily sign-in is mandatory to be eligible to earn CEU credits
- There is a final, open book exam. In order to receive credit for the course, participants must achieve a passing score of 70%
- NIGP will not issue partial CEU units
- An evaluation form must be completed and returned to the site coordinator prior to the completion of the course
For NIGP’s complete Continuing Education Units (CEU) Policy Statement click here.
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the seminar start date. After this time, registrations will be based on space availability. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations made in writing 31+ days prior to the seminar date by emailing RegistrationInfo@nigp.org. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the seminar start date. There are no refunds for no-shows. If the seminar is cancelled for any reason, NIGP's liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency may be done at any time with email notification to NIGP. If attending via scholarship, please provide documentation verifying the scholarship issuer’s name and contact information in lieu of payment information.