Strategic Procurement Planning
Duration: 3-Day Course
Contact hours: 24 hours
CEU Units*: 2.3
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
NIGP's Foundation courses provide essential knowledge for you to better understand and master the world of public procurement. These courses connect you to content relevant to the CPPB and CPPO certification exams.
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
3 day courses:
Institute Members - $700
Non-Members - $900
Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
*NIGP is authorized by IACET to offer 2.3 CEUs for this program. To learn more about IACET and CEUs, visit www.iacet.org
This course addresses how procurement’s function is maximized when it plays a role in organizational strategic planning and budgeting. It explores planning and budgeting processes. It also emphasizes operational realities ? the importance of defining client needs, assessing customer satisfaction and properly staffing, developing and managing human resources to ensure long term success.
Though no prerequisites are stipulated for this class, successful participants should have at least two years of public procurement experience and some management experience prior to enrollment.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe procurement's role in the organizational strategic planning process
- Develop a strategic procurement plan for an organization
- Identify the steps in strategic sourcing process
- Evaluate, select and apply the tools and processes available for a comprehensive procurement plan
- Discuss how the strategic plan impacts the budget process
- Develop a procurement plan for a specific requirement
- Describe how staffing, developing and managing human resources support organizational success
The following is an outline of the material for this course. Practical examples, group exercises and case studies will be utilized throughout the course. The content presented during any given class may vary depending on the background and experience of the participants.
- Strategy and Choice: Procurement’s Involvement in Organizational Decision Making
- Strategic Planning in the Public Sector
- Strategic Planning and Procurement Planning
- Linking Resource Allocation Decisions to Strategic Planning
- Procurement Strategies: Their Relationship to Requirements Determination in the Acquisition Process
- Strategic Sourcing
- Client Satisfaction - "Success" Planning Strategy
- Strategic Staffing and Talent Management
This outline may be modified slightly at the course instructor's discretion.
The instructor has no proprietary interest in the development or marketing of this seminar and no financial interest in NIGP.
Requirements of Participants to receive CEU Units
- Attendance at the entire course. A sign-in sheet will be available each day the class is in session. Daily sign-in is mandatory to be eligible to earn CEU credits
- There is a final, open book exam. In order to receive credit for the course, participants must achieve a passing score of 70%.
- NIGP will not issue partial CEU units.
- An evaluation form must be completed and returned to the site coordinator prior to the completion of the course
For NIGP’s complete Continuing Education Units (CEU) Policy Statement click here.
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the seminar start date. After this time, registrations will be based on space availability. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations made in writing 31+ days prior to the seminar date by emailing RegistrationInfo@nigp.org. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the seminar start date. There are no refunds for no-shows. If the seminar is cancelled for any reason, NIGP's liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency may be done at any time with email notification to NIGP. If attending via scholarship, please provide documentation verifying the scholarship issuer’s name and contact information in lieu of payment information.