Performance Measurement, Metrics & Mgmt. Strategies
Duration: 1-Day Course
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
Contact hours: 8 hours
Instructor: John Miller, CPPO
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
1 day courses:
Institute Members - $305
Non-Members - $405
** Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
Performance Management, Measurement and Metric Strategies in Public Procurement is a results based management system that is used to guide the selection, development and ongoing use of performance measures and metrics within public procurement. This course provides the requisite skill set necessary to effectively implement the process within the public procurement operation. Performance Management, Measurement and Metric strategies enable procurement to develop goals, targets and implement best practices that assure the attainment of agreed upon strategic outcomes and improve operational effectiveness. This course provides the framework for examining this best practice and provides participants with a focused look at the benefits of this proven strategy. Best practice examples and case studies are also examined.
This course is intended for a broad spectrum of procurement officials, buyers, agents, managers, department heads, and related government staff who are interested in improving their knowledge base concerning Performance Management, Measurement and Metric strategies in Public Procurement.
Course Objective and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Reinforce the fundamental principles and practices of Performance Management
- Outline the relationship between management and measurement.
- Identify the procurement areas to be assessed using performance measurement.
- Explain how performance management, measurement and metrics will benefit and maximize the performance and operational effectiveness of the procurement function.
- Define various performance management, measurement and metrics methodologies.
- Integrate performance management, measurement and metric strategies into the various competitive contracting processes.
The following is an outline of the material that will be covered in this one-day course. Practical examples, group exercises and case studies will be utilized during the entire course.
- Introduction to Performance Management, Measurement and Metrics
- Understanding Performance Management Principles within a Public Procurement Context
- Procurement Performance Management: Aligning Operations with Outcomes
- Improving Performance with Measurement and Metrics
- Overview and Examples of Performance Based Contracting
- Examples of Performance Management Best Practices in Public Procurement
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the seminar start date. After this time, registrations will be based on space availability. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations made in writing 31+ days prior to the seminar date by emailing RegistrationInfo@nigp.org. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the seminar start date. There are no refunds for no-shows. If the seminar is cancelled for any reason, NIGP's liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency may be done at any time with email notification to NIGP. If attending via scholarship, please provide documentation verifying the scholarship issuer’s name and contact information in lieu of payment information.