Developing and Managing Requests for Proposals in the Public Sector
Duration: 3-Day Course
Instructor: NIGP Certified Instructor Team Member
Contact Hours: 24 hours
CEU Credits*: 2.3
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
NIGP's Foundation courses provide essential knowledge for you to better understand and master the world of public procurement. These courses connect you to content relevant to the CPPB and CPPO certification exams.
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
3 day courses:
NIGP Members - $700
Non-Members - $900
Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
*NIGP is authorized by IACET to offer 2.3 CEUs for this program. To learn more about IACET and CEUs, visit www.iacet.org.
Designed for procurement professionals that are entrenched in the competitive process, this in-depth study of RFPs, from development through evaluation, will be enlightening. Major topics to be covered include managing the process, evaluating submissions, negotiations and an overview of the subsequent contract. Those interested in gaining a thorough understanding of the process and its implications for successful public procurement should be encouraged to attend. Team leaders, committee members, contract administrators and procurement managers in addition to any other procurement professional interested in achieving “best value” during this acquisition process should register.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe the RFP planning and development process
• Describe RFP team roles and responsibilities
• Identify and describe the different types of evaluation methodologies and their associated application
• Describe proposal handling processes
• Define and describe the concept of the RFP negotiation process
• Identify and describe how to manage post award issues
in accordance with the commonly accepted practices of the profession.
The following is an outline of the material that will be covered in this three-day course. Practical examples, group exercises and case studies will be utilized during the entire course.
- Planning for the RFP – Part One
- RFP Document Development
- RFP Document Development – Part Two
- Handling Procedures
- Evaluation Process and Methodology
- Terms and Conditions
- Completing the Process
- Post Test
This outline may be modified slightly at the course instructor’s discretion.
The instructor has no proprietary interest in the development or marketing of this seminar and no financial interest in NIGP.
Requirements of Participants to receive CEU credits
- Attendance at the entire course. A sign-in sheet will be available each day the class is in session. Daily sign-in is mandatory to be eligible to earn CEU credits
- There is a final, open book exam. In order to receive credit for the course, participants must achieve a passing score of 70%.
- NIGP will not issue partial CEU credits.
- An evaluation form must be completed and returned to the site coordinator prior to the completion of the course
For NIGP’s complete Continuing Education Units (CEU) Policy Statement click here.
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received in writing one week before the posted date of the start of the course. Registrants who cancel will retain the textbook and be refunded the fee minus $150. Cancellations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds are given after the course start date. Registrants who do not attend or participate in the course are not eligible for a refund. If the course is cancelled for any reason, NIGP’s liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency must be completed prior to the start of Week 1. The agency is responsible for the transfer of the textbook.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com