Contracting with Federal Funds/Grants "Advanced"
Duration: 2-Day Course
**Check the Course Catalog for required attendee minimums
Contact hours: 16 hours
Search the Course Schedule for a course near you.
2 day courses:
Institute Members - $500
Non-Members - $700
** Receive a $25 early registration discount by registering 60 or more days in advance of the course. A late fee of $50 will be assessed for those registrations received within 30 days of the course.
This is an advanced course designed to professionally monitor, administer, and oversee the grants process. The course explores how the Grants Administrator, Finance and Procurement Departments work together to avoid negative audit findings, obtain full reimbursement of expenditures and build effective internal controls. Special attention is paid to the new 2013 requirements.
Open to all purchasing and procurement professionals, grants personnel and finance personnel involved in the process interested in learning how to become eligible to receive grants and manage federal money expenditures in accordance with federal standards.
Course Objective and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain OMB’s role and circulars governing grants
- Identify allowable and unallowable expenditures of funds
- Discuss solicitation or purchase requirements in the grants process
- Prepare purchases for audits, documentation and files
- Create an effective internal controls program
- Outline the Audit Process
- List “Government Administrative Requirements”
- Discuss Government Contract requirements
- Various grants and Federal Appropriations Laws
- "OMB" Circular Requirements
- Grants budgets and budget modifications
- A-133 - states, Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations
- Allowable and unallowable costs
- A-21 Educational Institutions (2013 Rules)
- A-87 State and Local Governments (2013 Rules)
- A-122, Non-Profit Organizations (2013 Rules)
- Cognizant agencies determination for indirect costs
- "Government Administrative Requirements"
- A-102, State and Local Governments (new updated 2013 Rules)
- A-102 Attachments
- A-110, Institutions of Higher Learning, Hospitals and Other Non-Profit Organizations (updated 2013 rules)
- Solicitation or Purchase Requirement
- Requirement to Advertise Competitively
- Bid Opening or Proposal Evaluation
- Protest Requirements Under Grants
- Model Contract Award Document
- Government Contract requirements
- Cost Tracking
- Subcontracting Reporting and small Business Participation
- Reports and Monitoring of Work
This outline may be modified slightly at the course instructor’s discretion.
NIGP Course Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the seminar start date. After this time, registrations will be based on space availability. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations made in writing 31+ days prior to the seminar date by emailing RegistrationInfo@nigp.org. No refunds are given for cancellations received within 30 days of the seminar start date. There are no refunds for no-shows. If the seminar is cancelled for any reason, NIGP's liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Attendee substitutions within the same agency may be done at any time with email notification to NIGP. If attending via scholarship, please provide documentation verifying the scholarship issuer’s name and contact information in lieu of payment information.