Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Date: Feb 7, 2018, 13:47 PM
Title: Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Agency: Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission ( WSSC)
Address: Laurel, md
Salary Range: $ To $
WSSC, one of the largest water and wastewater utility in the USA, seeks a
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist. The incumbent will perform complex Strategic Sourcing and contracting duties across all business and functional groups within WSSC both independently and within a team setting.
Specifically, the Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist performs these essential functions;
• Authority to bind the Commission on purchases per the delegation of authority;
• Gains a thorough knowledge of products & services, supplier's processes and industry trends and practices.
• Analyzes spend data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Performs intricate financial analysis of supplier data, organizational spend, project data, and assess total cost ownership to identify savings and general sourcing opportunities.
• Identifies and assesses potential opportunities, develop business cases, and present
recommendations to various levels of management to build support for Sourcing initiatives.
• Applies Qualitative Thinking – Leverages both data and non-data driven insight to form an opinion thereby facilitating Technical decision making.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Public Administration or a related field.
• 7 years of experience in Procurement and contract administration of strategic or complex contracts, including experience leading cross-functional teams in a Public or Private Sector Engineering, Finance, Operations, Procurement or Supply Chain Management Office.
Application Process: If you are interested in this opportunity; please apply via our Career Center at www.wsscwater.com or go to https://wsscwater.peopleadmin.com/postings/5542
Contact Name: Shareena Dixon
Contact Phone: 301-206-7018