SENIOR BUYER - CONTRACTS
Date: Feb 9, 2018, 13:47 PM
Title: SENIOR BUYER - CONTRACTS
Agency: Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District
Address: San Rafael, ca
Salary Range: $96387 To $116500
Under the Contracts Officer’s general direction, this position is responsible for the management of multiple contracts; preparation and facilitation of various competitive procurements and contracts; conducting pre-bid/proposal conferences, selection committee meetings, interviews, negotiations, and price/cost analyses; carrying out established procurement policy and procedures; regular contact with a variety of District staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors; and performs related duties and special projects as assigned. This position will primarily support our Bus Transit Division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
College level training and experience equivalent to:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration or a closely related field; additional position related experience may be substituted on a year per year basis in lieu of degree
• Three years' recent full-time position related procurement experience with the responsibility of preparing complex solicitation documents and contracts
• Public Agency experience is desirable
• Proficient in using a personal computer (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
• Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent certification preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of applicable state, federal (Federal Transit Administration Third Party Contracting Guidelines), local laws, rules and regulations governing public agency procurement and contract administration principles, practices, and terminology
• Ability to interpret and apply District policies and procedures to contract documents
• Ability to plan and work on multiple contracts, set priorities and meet critical deadlines with interruptions
• Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
• Ability to maintain professionalism while under extreme pressure, tight deadlines, or handling difficult situations
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative, effective, productive and tactful working relationships with District staff, attorneys and the general public
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Experience with computerized inventory and purchasing systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient use of personal computer and software applicable to the work.
Application Process: TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The District’s Human Resources Kiosk is available for filling out and submitting your online application and employment documents. The HR kiosk is located at the San Rafael Office. For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
The District’s primary and official means of application notification is via EMAIL. Thus, applicants are advised to check their email for their application status updates.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application
2. Resume (Attach to your online application)
3. Cover Letter (Attach to your online application)
4. Evidence of a degree OR a written statement supporting qualifying experience in lieu of degree. (Attach to your online application).
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION will include:
• Assessment of education, training, and experience
• Oral Panel Interview
• Department interview for final candidates
• Background, Employment and Security Investigation
**The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
Contact Name: Lieu Gorelzky
Contact Phone: (415) 257-4538
Closing Date: Feb 28, 2018, 07:00 AM