Date: Feb 9, 2018, 13:48 PM
Title: Purchasing Manager
Agency: College of Lake County
Address: Grayslake, il
Salary Range: $ To $
The Procurement Manager supervises and helps administer a centralized purchasing program for procurement of goods and services for the College of Lake County using various methods, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and College Board Policy. Responds to a range of inquiries regarding processes, requisitions/Purchase Orders or bid status; negotiating terms and conditions with vendors and/or service providers; and assist with achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field, or an Associate’s Degree with significant applied experience within public or higher education industry.
• Minimum of five years’ of progressively responsible purchasing experience of goods and services, including contract and bid negotiation experience. Some prior experience in a lead or supervisory role.
• Solid understanding of government or higher education purchasing and contracts with applicable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
• Must possess applied knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of public purchasing and bid procedures, along with knowledge of contract language and ability to interpret the intent.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience using an ERP system, including running queries.
• Requires intermediate Excel and Word skills, and internet research skills.
• Analytical skills as well as the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate functions to staff.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills with a demonstrated ability to influence.
• Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
• Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgement and discretion.
• Other requirements of the position: Position requires occasional local, regional and national travel; extended use of computers; and regular public contact – in person, telephone and electronic correspondence.
Application Process: Apply on-line at: https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/10079
Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Phone: 847-543-2065
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018, 08:00 AM