Date: Dec 5, 2017, 16:24 PM
Title: Purchasing Manager
Agency: City of Carrollton
Address: Carrollton, TX
Salary Range: $0 To $
**PLEASE NOTE: The ideal start date for successful candidate would be in late February or early March to allow training with the retiring incumbent.
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing a division at the City of Carrollton. Responsible for planning, managing, and providing direction for division operations. Drafts and implements operational policies and procedures and manages division staff and resources. Work is performed with general direction, working from broad goals and policies.
POSITION SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS: Purchasing & General Services
• Performs managerial activities related to the procurement needs of the City including: bidding and contracting for products and services; management of the purchasing card program and oversight review of credit card charges; the sale of surplus property; and applicable general service operations (mailroom, copy center, scanning, and vending).
• Supervisory responsibility over Division staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in General Business Administration or a related field.
• Four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of assignment, including two years of supervisory experience.
• Certification/licensure may be required depending on area of assignment.
• Frequent reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
• Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
• Depending on area of assignment, may work in an outdoor environment, with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Depending on area of assignment, may occasionally be exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration, fumes, and/or airborne particles.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must pass pre-employment drug test.
• Must pass criminal history check.
• Must pass motor vehicle records check.
PAY RATE: $69,123.00 Salaried
Application Process: Apply at : www.cityofcarrollton.com/jobs
Contact Name: Thania Saucedo
Contact Phone: 972-466-3094
Closing Date: Jan 1, 2018, 07:00 AM