Procurement & Contract Specialist II
Date: Jan 2, 2018, 16:51 PM
Title: Procurement & Contract Specialist II
Agency: Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Address: Raleigh-Durham, NC
Salary Range: $48336 To $67069
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares commodity, material and equipment procurements and less complex lower risk service procurements.
• Prepare and process Request for Proposals and Invitation for Bids by reviewing technical specifications.
• Reviews requisitions and determines appropriate method of procurement in adherence to procurement related statutes and Procurement Policy and Procedures.
• Confers with end users and vendors to obtain product information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule for equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Make contract award within delegated limits or coordinates approval as applicable.
• Analyze and negotiates as necessary change order requests, (price escalation / de-escalation, change in scope, payment schedules, contract administration, etc.) and process any subsequent change order or amendments.
• Coordinate the ordering of coffee supplies, paper, and copier related supplies.
• Perform new vendor set-up and other related functions within the RDU ERP system.
• Perform small purchasing functions, spend analysis, purchase order reports, and other system related functions (ie. ERP and SpreadSheet Server reporting.
• Perform iProcurement training, and new hire training functions.
• Contribute to goals for cost reduction and process improvements.
• Identify and investigate continuous improvement opportunities within the Procurement function.
• Maintain appropriate contract files and archives.
• Obtains RDU level approvals as needed.
• Perform other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of procurement, including best practice procurement concepts
• Possesses analytical skills
• Ability to work through multiple tasks simultaneously, manages time efficiently, and works with minimal supervision
• Ability to apply sound business judgment and guidance to management in a deadline oriented environment
• Advanced Analytical Skills, Considerable experience in Spend/Cost Analytics
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Active Listener: Listen effectively and understand the topic at hand
Collaborative: Supports organization and team goals
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Results Driven: Utilizes all available resources effectively in delivering desired results
Respectful: Treats everyone with honesty and dignity
Professionalism: Respond to confrontational situations in calm manner
Knowledgable: Understands job and complies with policies and procedures
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dependable: Stays focused and executes tasks
Effective Communicator: Communicate issues and makes recommendations
Customer Focus: Understands who customers are
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Does not require outside inspiration to be motivated
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Supply Chain.
2-3 years: Progressive Procurement Experience
Application Process: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/RAL1001/JobBoard/1a2c944b-428d-2541-600f-9ec6b7ea16e7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d1375270-f11e-44f0-95e9-597fd1377f98
Contact Name: HR