Director, Central Procurement Office
Date: Jan 12, 2018, 12:06 PM
Title: Director, Central Procurement Office
Agency: Cayman Islands Government
Address: George Town, Grand Cayman, fl
Salary Range: $ To $
The post holder will set the vision for Government’s procurement and be accountable for the strategic planning, direction and performance of all procurement functions to enable the Cayman Islands Government to meet corporate business and procurement objectives and financial targets in respect of procurement for the Entire Public Sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• The Central Procurement Office (CPO) will lead on the development and implementation of new laws, regulations, processes and systems to support the efficient procurement, and contract management.
• The CPO will be responsible for, inter alia, establishing procurement policies and procedures, developing and maintaining standard government procurement documentation, procurement oversight, carrying out some centralized procurement, advising government entities on procurement and training of employees involved in procurement. The CPO will also undertake contract and post implementation reviews.
• Develop the procurement function as an identifiable and credible resource for procurement, determine its activities and resources in association with corporate priorities, prepare an annual business plan for procurement define the priorities and set the key performance targets for the Entire Public Sector.
• Provide expert direction and advice to the Ministers, Chief Officers, Heads of Public Authorities and other senior officers on the procurement approach, options and tactics in all areas of procurement.
• Train government employees involved in procurement in government’s procurement policies and procedures, government’s standard contracts and tender documentation and best procurement practices.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or equivalent e.g. Business, Architecture, Engineering.
• Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS); alternatively where the post holder is able to demonstrate the essential competencies of the Professional Diploma through direct experience, an Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply from CIPS or a Certified Professional in Supply Management from the Institute of Supply Management would be acceptable.
• At least 5 years of procurement experience at a senior level including directing procurement activity and managing projects.
• Ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge of procurement, and project management, standards.
• Prior experience of Public Private Partnerships projects is essential.
• Must have excellent research, analytical and writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and relate to people at all levels.
Application Process: PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RÉSUMÉ TO:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
3rd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
For application form and job description please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 28th February 2018
Contact Name: Craig Milley
Contact Phone: 345-938-2897
Closing Date: Feb 28, 2018, 07:00 AM