Date: Nov 30, 2017, 11:19 AM
Title: Content Developer
Address: Herndon, VA
Salary Range: $ To $
As NIGP's Content Developer, you will create content for a full range of educational programs and delivery models geared to the adult learner; from in-person seminars and conferences to online courses, self-learning modules, and webinars.
The Content Developer brings expertise and work experience to the Institute as a public procurement practitioner. As such, the Content Developer serves as the go-to resource for the NIGP staff on matters related to the principles, standards, and practices governing public procurement.
The Content Developer leads a team that develops, updates and enhances all NIGP content that is delivered to learners during various educational offerings. As a leader, this individual is expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously as supervisor of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) whose expertise and experiences provide practical learning necessary to apply theory and principles to practice.
The Content Developer is a creative problem solver and a person of action who is excited to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop top quality content for NIGP education offerings. The Content Management team is ultimately responsible for maintaining the credibility and reliability of all NIGP programs.
Your Key Responsibilities are:
• Use empirical and applied research, market assessment and data analytics to determine future learning interventions and content development decisions
• Read professional journals to increase market and pedagogical knowledge
• Facilitate conversations with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and expectations to identify effective content
• Assess feedback from customers via surveys, evaluations, etc.to determine whether current offerings need to be enhanced, expanded, and/or to create new content
Course & Webinar Development
• For each course or offering developed, establish the purpose, scope, learning objectives and outcomes
• Develop content that can be designed in diverse media in support of product needs generated from NIGP Instructional Designers —digital assets, video, student- and teacher-facing print materials, audio, etc.
• Lead and coordinate the workflow of subject matter experts to ensure that project goals and timelines are met
• Work closely with Instructional Designers during content design process
• Research and identify webinar topics and presenters for a minimum of 18 webinars annually
• Work with subject matter experts to determine presentation objectives and appropriate content for all webinars
• Collaborate with Course Moderator to ensure effective delivery of all eLearning courses and webinars
Your Ideal Skills and Abilities:
• Identify and capture content opportunities for NIGP educational offerings
• Ability to leverage synergies between SMEs to drive content creation
• Demonstrated success in writing, editing, and managing the writing and editing of educational materials including technical manuals and/or technical policies and practices
• High level of comfort working collaboratively as part of a multi-functional team
• Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines
• Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills to manage several projects concurrently
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with great attention to detail
• Experience with eLearning authoring technology a plus
• Adult teaching experience is a plus
Your Minimum Qualifications are:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field
• Minimum of five (5) years progressive work experience and applied knowledge in the public procurement industry as a mid-level or senior public procurement/contracting practitioner
• Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred
• Professional certification preferred; with preference to certifications issued by the UPPCC
• Experience in various procurement areas such as contract compliance, RFP process, construction, professional services, contract compliance, or ethics is required
• Effective verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills to communicate with various individuals from diverse socio and economic backgrounds
• Proficient in analyzing and evaluating data when developing content
• Skilled in project management, supervising and providing excellent customer service
Application Process: At NIGP, we are committed to provide competitive salaries that are equitable and reflect the requirements and responsibilities of the position. In addition, we continuously benchmark our benefit package.
NIGP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EOE M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email resume along with salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.nigp.org for more information about the Institute.
Contact Name: HR Department
Contact Phone: .