Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Define scope and explain how to create a project scope statement
- Explain the different methods, tools, and techniques for collecting requirements
- Assess the work that needs to be completed for a project to successfully fulfill its objectives
- Create a work breakdown structure and WBS dictionary
- Describe how a requirements traceability matrix can be used to trace project requirements throughout the project's life cycle
- Describe where scope baselines and performance measurement baselines come from and how they are used to evaluate the success of a project through its life cycle
- Complete project review reports and lead meetings
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 5 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will consider many of the key issues surrounding Project Scope Management.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices to learners. By submitting a question via the course's Ask the Expert link, you get access to project managers who will answer your questions within 24-48 hours.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.