Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand your own attitudes toward empowering management
- Explain how a GEM (goals, empowerment, measurement) approach to managing works in practice
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them
- Explain the different factors that motivate workers and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams
This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their people management skills.
To be successful and move ahead in his or her career, a manager must understand how to manage people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment, and measurement system of management can be employed and how organization structures differ. The course will also cover the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain momentum.