Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the role and importance of specifications in the procurement process
- Differentiate between the two main types of specifications
- Determine the best specification to use for a particular procurement
- List and define the phases of specification development
- Write clear, concise specifications
This course is intended for those procurement professionals who desire to understand and write better specifications. Although the material is introductory, some procurement experience is recommended (six months to one year). Real-life examples and current views of specification development allow this course to serve as a great refresher and skill enhancer for best practices in specification writing.