Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine if a contract is legally enforceable.
- Define how a contract can be formed
- Cite mistakes that can lead to a contract being unenforceable
- Define contract price types
- Recognize the types of contract authority and the existence of a contract based on authority
Welcome to the NIGP eLearning module: Introduction to Contracts in Public Procurement. This course provides an overview of contracts and how they are used in the public sector. Contracts are a vital element of the procurement process. Planning and analyzing contract requirements are the responsibility of procurement officers. It is important for procurement officers to understand contract law and the impact of contracts on procurement.